Our Urology Department provides Comprehensive Urological Care to both Men and Women of All Ages.
The urinary tract is your body’s drainage system for the excretion of urine. Urine which is a byproduct of the food and fluid we consume is eliminated by the kidneys during the blood filtration process. The process is carried out by the urinary tract that includes your kidneys, ureters, and bladder. To urinate adequately, the urinary tract needs to work together in the correct order. Urologic conditions include prostate problems, stones in the part of the urinary tract, bladder control problems, kidney stones, infections of the urinary tract.
Reasons you should visit a urologist
If you detect blood in your urine then it’s immediately a cause for alarm. Visit your primary care physician right away, and they will help with arranging for an appointment with a urologist. If your urine is not the normal pale yellow but starts looking brown, pink, or tea-colored, there are chances that there’s blood in the urine. Remember that, blood in the urine may or may not be visible with a naked eye.
Sometimes blood in the urine may occur due to the temporary issues which are caused by injury and vigorous exercise, but usually, it’s due to far more serious urologic diseases like-
- Bladder infection
- Kidney infection
- Kidney stones
- Kidney, bladder, or prostate cancer
Diagnosis: What to expect?
Generally, a urologist will start with one or more of the following tests to find out what condition you have. Often the diagnostic tests begin with blood and urine tests to gauge the actual cause.
- They may perform imaging tests like a CT scan, MRI scan or ultrasound to check inside the urinary tract.
- Urologists might order a cystoscopy procedure, which involves advancing a thin scope called cystoscope in your body to see the inside of the urethra and bladder.
- A cystogram procedure can allow urologists to take an X-ray image of the bladder.
- To check how fast urine leaves the body during urination, a post-void residual urine test is conducted. It also shows the amount of urine left in the bladder after the patient urinates.
- Urine sample test can be done to check for infection-causing bacteria in the urine
Dr. Sunil Palve
Timing : 06 PM - 08 PM
Apart from the clinical departments Shatayu hospital has many critical and crucial supportive facilities. These insure prompt and quality patient care.