Our ENT Department is one of the best in the industry. We have a team of medical professionals that are veterans in the field of ENT.
The ENT department at Shatayu Health caters to ailments associated with ear, nose and throat and offers a full range of ENT services with a very high standard of care.
The ENT Operation theatres have all the necessary equipment for Advanced ENT treatments such as – operating microscopes, endoscopes, carbon dioxide laser, etc. along with facilities for TV monitoring and video recording of surgical procedures.
ENT specialists are trained in both medicine and surgery. So, they can diagnose, treat and deliver the appropriate care for every patient suffering from the disorders of the ear, nose and throat. The following are their areas of expertise.
– Otology or neurotology: diseases related to the ear, which can include nerve pathway disorders, cancer and trauma. Examples – ear infection, hearing loss, tinnitus, swimmer’s ear, dizziness.
– Paediatric otolaryngology: ENT diseases in children, including congenital disabilities in the head and neck and developmental delays. Examples- otitis media, airway problems, asthma, Down’s syndrome, tonsil and adenoid infection, and sinus disease.
– Head and neck: Your ENT specialist should be able to diagnose cancerous and noncancerous tumours in the head and neck, including thyroid and parathyroid. Examples – cancer of the voice box and lump in the neck or thyroid.
– Plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face: ENT surgeons can perform functional, cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries to treat any abnormalities of the face and neck. Examples – rhinoplasty, cleft palate, hair loss, facelift, deviated septum, drooping eyelids.
– Rhinology: Diseases affecting the nose and sinuses. Examples – stuffy nose, bleeding from the nose, loss of smell and sinus disorder.
– Laryngology: throat disorders, voice and swallowing problems. Examples – gastroesophageal reflux disease, swallowing disorder, sore throat, hoarseness.
– Allergy: immunotherapy, medication and other sensitivities that affect the ear, nose and throat. Examples – chronic sinusitis, sore throat, dizziness, hay fever, seasonal and perennial rhinitis, laryngitis.
Apart from the clinical departments Shatayu hospital has many critical and crucial supportive facilities. These insure prompt and quality patient care.